These days it is Ramadan. I have stopped fasting since 2 years ago, because I do not believe in the philosophy behind it anymore. I do remember the nice thing about Ramadan was that all the family members were together at dawn and sunset time on the table; something that did not happen other times. Anyhow, I can not have this motivation here. Furthermore, if I get up early in the morning, I should hear the naggings of my flat mate. She is not the reason for stopping fasting, though. Sometimes I think believing in religion or not is changing the geometry you live on. You can choose either Euclidean geometry or Riemannian. In one everything is linear, but in other one there can be non-linear effects. To me they are equally good, it is the matter of choice and with which you feel more comfortable. I have tried religious life (Riemannian geometry) I could not understand it, so I prefer to come and live in a flat world which is locally equivalent to the curved geometry.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment