Yesterday, the weather was great! Relatively warm and pleasantly sunny. I had woken up late and did feel obliged to be on time at work, since the last few days I had worked very hard. Therefore, I thought, I would be entitled to take advantage of the weather and go around Amsterdam to take some nice pictures of my favorite topics (flowers) that I had seen the day before on my way going to AMOLF for discussion. I enjoyed my time so much that it took me more than an hour to have fun. As a result I came to work at 13:30 and today, which is a sunny day as well, I have to work. But doesn’t matter! I enjoyed my time yesterday.
You know, Dutch people are really lovely people. They really pay attention to the view of their houses and very beautiful gardens in front of their places though small.
I remember, one day when I was taking pictures of one of the very fresh poppies in front of a house, I saw the owners of the house. The old guy could not speak English, thus asked her daughter to come and explain about the flowers. Then the lady came and explained for me in detail about all the flowers, even the ones that I had overlooked. She provided me the information about when they must be planted, when the were flowering and how long the would survive.
Yesterday, one of these gardens, I do not know why reminded me of the garden of one of my uncles. They do not have a big garden in their yard; the total area of the house, including the backyard is 100 m2. But since my uncle and his wife, both are in love of plants, their garden is always full of fruit trees and flowers. I remember their fig and pomegranate trees were always cropping earlier than ours. So they always were sharing the very first fruit of their garden with us. More than that, it was full of colorful roses. First, in the spring time, the wall of the yard was fully covered with red roses. Later roses of other colors and other types of flowers were contributing to the beauty of the garden. Eventually, the white roses were the most resistant version lasting until the late autumn. In the last two years, I have gone to home only in winter time and I do not have a fresh memory of their garden. I really miss my uncle and his family plus their garden.
This garden picture is on the memory of my uncle’s backyard.
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Missing my uncle’s garden!
Posted by
Tamasha
at
6:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment