As I have said before, I enjoy making the analogy between physics laws and what I am seeing around.
What concerns me every now and then is how mutual the relation between two people is. In daily interactions, with a good approximation we have a sort of mutual feelings about our colleagues or friends. We know if we like them or not or if we feel close to them.
However the situation gets more complicated in love cases. Of course there are a lot of love relationships which are mutual and the two people involved are very happy with each other. But, unfortunately, there are a considerable number of relationships in which one is really in love and will do everything to have the loved one, but the other one is a sort of indifferent, some times even evading. I think I can interpret this in terms of physics laws.
In the limit of classical mechanics, we have Newton’s third law saying action=reaction.
Nevertheless, this rule breaks in the limit of strong force fields where forces on bodies are not mutual anymore. Therefore, it is not surprising that in the limit of strong interactions (love) mutuality of human relations does not hold either.
However, I do not know how to avoid this. It is painful and not a nice experience that everybody might have encountered.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Strong interactions
Posted by
Tamasha
at
5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, but I bet you wouldn't want to be without the strong interactions, no?
There is much beauty in them regardless of the reaction.
And always it is there when you step aside from the center of mass, even for a moment.
On the Love/physics metaphor, I suspect the forces comes in two varieties - a longer range force of fascination like an electromagnetic force that can be repulsive, attractive or unstable (like a dipole force); and also a shorter-range attractive force (like the strong nucler force?) which is more related to some kind of conscious choice. That second kind doesn't work if there are two neutrons, though! ;-)
Metaphor aren't perfect, but that is also the beauty of them...
Dear Vasu,
I like your analogy. It is beautfiul.
To me these are just metaphors to express my feelings, so I do not put too much meaning behind them.
Post a Comment