
Recently I read a comic strip book Maus which is very similar to persepolis book by Marjane Satrapi in style. The graphic style of these novels makes them much more readable and impressing. Although Perspolis was more intimate to me as an Iranian, the book Maus which is the story of a Jewish person from Poland in the second world war had a larger influence on me. Maybe because I did not know anything about it before reading this book. In this book all the Jews are pictures as Mice. Now I know where the description of Jews as mouse comes from. The book describes how the Jewish people were treated at that time: exactly like mice and as invaluable as them, always in a challenging attempt to hide somewhere. It is indeed the biography of author's father and his survival story.
It was really a moving story. I remember when I was visiting Berlin Wall and reading the history along I felt like crying. But now I understand better that it the Jews had a much worse time during the war made by Germans. I know that always there are innocent people who suffer because of others faults. But this always seems to be the case, as the people in my country should suffer because of the stupidity of some of the dominant groups :(.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
The story of Maus
Posted by
Tamasha
at
2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment