Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bits and pieces تکه و پاره

بی آنکه بخواهم ساربان زد زیر آواز. صدایش حاصل قرنها سکوت بیابان پر سکوت بود. ... آواز
ساربان گفتی از مغز تاریخ می آمد انگار از خمسه ی نظامی سر ریز می شود.پرسیدم این شعرها
را از کجا یاد گرفته ای؟

گفت: تا عاشق نباشی شعر نمی گویی
برگرفته از : ساربان سرگردان نوشته ی سیمین دانشور


Without asking him, camel-driver started to sing.
His voice was the expression of centuries of silence present in the fully still desert... .
It was as if his song was coming from the depth of history.
I asked him: Where have you learnt these poems from?
He said you would not tell a poem if you were not in love.

From: The camel-driver, bewildered written by Simin Daneshvar




You are suffering, that's why you are playing (Tar) so well now.

From: Chicken with plums written by Marjaneh Satrapi




You are leaving soon and I will miss you. Anyhow I was missing you even when you were here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice piece to bring it up...

By the way, 'camel-driver' is kind of funny name and I though there might be a better translation for 'sareban', but it checked and seems there is not much.

Anonymous said...

I really like the last line of poetry with no author. I've read it many times since you posted it.

"You are leaving soon and I will miss you. Anyhow I was missing you even when you were here."

Maybe because it's appropriate in a bittersweet kind of way...