Sunday, June 11, 2006

I miss and miss

The weather is so nice these days. It is sunny and warm. I automatically get up early and feel more energetic, as if I need to sleep much less. It reminds me of the days at home. Since we always had sun in Iran, we never appreciated its blessings.
Some days it was too hot in summer time and we were complaining about it, although there were nice air conditioners around. Now I miss those days, sitting on the terrace, eating watermelon with my family. I miss the nice garden of my grandpa with lovely shades of walnut trees next to the spring stream. I miss all those cheery days of playing with my cousins around the water and going to mountain. I miss and miss … .

When you want to depart from your country, you have such a dark picture of your future there that you think there is no future for you over there. All that you recall yourself is the troublesome days and the problems that you had in your society. You think you go somewhere that there is no problem and close to perfect.
I do admit that life is on the average better and relaxing here. As the human you see your rights and personal freedom are less neglected. Something very important is your income affords your life easily and even with lowest level you can plan fun activities and traveling. What I enjoy a lot here is the experience of interacting with different life styles and cultures that would be interesting, even if the life conditions were perfect in your home land.

However there are problems with life here as well. The housing can be a serious trouble. The administrative things can go wrong. In some aspects, I think the system of education is better in Iran. All that I want to say there are nice things in Iran as well and we should not overlook them. I agree on the average life conditions are more difficult there though.


Now that I am on the stage of deciding for my future, I still do not like to come back to Iran, seeing the Iran political situation and the freedom of life that I had here, despite all the things that I miss.
But I should keep in mind the nice memories that I have from home. After all, this land with its all good and bad things has raised me. I should remember that even if lots of things went wrong there, there are lots of nice things as well. That I should do something even far a way from home and transfer the useful experiences of life here to there. Recalling all my nice memories from home, I know that if I will there once more, I will plan to take advantage of the natural blessings there more efficiently. That is what I have learnt from here to have more fun in life even if some of the things go wrong. There is always some space to have leisure activities.

Hoping that if eventually life situation reaches to an acceptable level, though worse than my life here to come back and help to build up the country. You may never know, you can always be optimistic.

No comments: