Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine day

Today was the Valentine day, an important day for some of the lovers. Being from a different culture, and not being in love, I never paid attention to it. In the same manner, not today either, but when I was going for lunch with my friends there was a boy in the university hall, distributing branches of rose flowers on this occasion, so that you can give it to your loved one. I have nobody; however, a few months ago I fell in love with somebody who was not interested in me. Suddenly it crossed my mind it would be good if I had somebody that I could express my love to him. It was written somewhere that those people who have a hidden love, disclose it by sending a card and lighten the heavy burden on their shoulders. I wish I could do this as well, but my problem is that although I have not said it explicitly to that person, he knows about it. Anyhow I am happy that eventually in 3rd decade of my life after 26 years, I could experience love. Now I can understand the feeling of a lot of people in the world. That is something that I was deprived of, before. Now, I have changed my mind, I think any day that gives you the opportunity to pronounce your love to your loved one is worth of being celebrated apart from the history behind it.
Happy Valentine to all the lovers!

No comments: